Sometimes we just have to do things we don't really want, because it's boring.
Lots of people suffer from being bore-out (as opposed to burned out).
You can use our clock with these positive affirmations to help you get through boring stuff.
1, Learn to be mindful while you work on this task. Pay attention to what you are doing and it will go more smoothly.
2, When you are doing something that is tedious, focus on your breathing. Take long deep breaths and say out loud.
3, Make it fun. What would be the most fun thing for you to do, while doing this boring task? Then, pretend you are doing that.
4, You can also use your boredom as an opportunity to ask yourself if there is something better you want to be doing with your time. Is there something you really want to do, but you are choosing to do this because you feel like you have to?
5, Remember that this is temporary. It will end. You will get through it. Imagine the time bar above your head counting up the minutes and hours until this task is done. Then look at a clock when the time is up. Imagine you have gotten through with flying colors.
6, Make a list of all the good things that could happen as a result of you getting through this boring task.
7, Tell someone about what you are doing. Tell them how much it is worth it to get through the boring tasks on your to-do list.
8, Think about the positive things that could happen to you. This is called big picture thinking and it will help you get through a boring task.
9, Take a 10 second break and smile. You can make some coffee or pop in your headphones and listen to your favorite tunes. Sometimes the music helps us focus on how great things are going to be after we get out of our boring tasks.
10, Use the Money timer on the nudge clock. You are making money while doing this task.
11, If you find yourself doing this for the long haul, multiply the time by 3. Then make it fun by thinking of each hour as three hours on a steam boat.
12, Make a game out of seeing how fast you can do this task. You'll get through it faster if you have fun at it. If you win the game, give yourself some kind of reward after all is said and done.
13, Make an agreement with yourself to just get through it. Then you might find yourself getting through it faster than you thought you would.
14, Tell yourself there is no perfect way to do this task, so do your best. If someone is counting on your getting this done, then make sure you get it done right the first time.
15, Think of the people that you really care about. Then think of all the good things that will happen to them as a result of you getting this task done.
16, Make each day's task fun. It will be worth it after you get through it. You might even find yourself enjoying the boring task even more than the fun stuff that happens when you get it done right away.
17, What is one thing you really like to do? It can be anything. Then think of a way you can put that into this boring task.
18, Make sure you have a list of things to do the next time you are bored. You don't want to be bored again.
19, Finding the time to do boring tasks is like finding the time to exercise. It's just something you have to do. If you find it easy, great! If not, that's okay too. Just find the time and keep going until you get through it.
20, Try doing these boring tasks while your computer is in sleep mode and when your iPhone or Android is sitting on your desk next to your computer. That way, it will be easier for you to get through them the first time.
21, you can try self hypnosis to do things like cleaning. Youtube has videos to get you intro trans.
22, Get a timer and set it for 1 minute intervals. Then time yourself. This will make it easier for you to get through the boring task.
23, If you want to do this task but you don't think you can, pretend that someone is counting on you getting this done right away.
24, Try doing all of your tasks in a row until they are all done. Do them one time each and then move on to the next one.
25, Look at pictures of people you really care about. Enjoy feeling all the good things you get from being with them. Then go back and put in more time on the boring task.
26, Do something to change your perspective on this boring task. Change where you are when you are doing it and that will change how challenging it seems to be for you.
27, Take a break, a full minute, and try to do something fun instead. You'll be surprised how it will make you feel if you do it hard when your bored. Try it!
28, If you are doing this for someone else, think about all the good things that could happen if they get this task done. Then send them a message or email letting them know how much it would mean to you to have it done right away.
29, If you are doing this task for yourself, pretend that someone else is depending on you getting it done.
30, Think about how much money you make while doing this boring task. How long could you take a vacation if you got through this boring task right away?
31, Tell yourself that nothing is worth doing poorly just to get it finished. You will do better if you enjoy the tasks as well as get them done quickly.
32, Even if your task is really boring, you can still take a break and do something fun. But when you are semi-dreading the rest of the boring tasks, make sure you put in at least 15 minutes of fun.
33. Look at a magazine or book you like and make notes, on paper or on your computer that has the topic of what makes it so interesting to you. Then read about it again as a break from the task.
34. If you are a little worse at getting through a boring task than others, look to why that is. You might be trying too hard or day dreaming and not concentrating on the task. Work on fixing this until you are better at juggling the two.
35. Create a mental note for tomorrow's task. Make a list of things you need to do today that could get pushed back to tomorrow so you can get through this boring task then. You'll be glad you did.
36. Have some fun with this boring task by helping others to get through it too. You'll feel good if you do it for the right reasons and they are grateful for your help.
37. Try doing the next thing you need to do in order to get this boring task done while you are on the phone with someone else about something else that is important. It will make it easier for you to concentrate on both things at once than doing them separately until both are done.
38. Try thinking of all the good things you like to do in this boring task. If you have already done that with a different boring task, think of something else good you can think about.
39. Consider listening to music while doing this boring task, especially if it is something that will take a long time for you to get through. If it is a really long one, such as cleaning the bathroom floor or putting up a new wallpaper in your house, try listening to an audio book while you are doing it too.
40. Imagine that someone you care about is counting on you getting this boring task done right away. How would they feel if you didn't?
41. If you know that doing this boring task will be easy because it's something that someone else else has already done and fixed before, tell yourself that the person who did it before should have done a great job and the project should be ready to go so you can get through it as quickly as possible.
42. Do this boring task in a park or at the beach where there are lots of other people doing something you would enjoy more doing than cleaning.
43. Take a big deep breath and imagine that you are filling your mind with everything nice about the person you have to do this boring task for, as well as all the people who will be grateful for it being done. Then try to focus on nothing but those things while you do the task that was so hard before.
44. Instead of looking at a single boring task at a time, try to do them all in one setting. That way they will get done all at once and you won't be doing them over again.
45. If you have a long list of things that need to get done, try breaking them up into sets of 3 or 4 tasks each. Then get through them in a row before putting off the next ones on this list.
46. Break your boring task down into the smallest tasks you can, even if you have to break it up over several days. Then get each small part done one at a time, until they are all done.
47. Look at colored printouts of works of arts or photographs of landscapes that are very beautiful to you. If possible lie back while you are looking at them so that you can relax as much as possible.
48. Look at a book or magazine you are interested in and see if there is a different, better way of doing the task that will fix it for you, for very little money or time investment.
49. Make your own improvements on the original plan so that it is more efficient or easier to do all at once than one by one.
50. If you are doing this boring task for someone else, consider adding a personal touch to it. That way they will know that you thought of it all yourself and will be happier to know that you took the time and effort to make it special for them.
51. Look at pictures of people you admire and imagine being with them right now instead of doing the boring task that is keeping you from having fun right away.
52. Imagine being somewhere else doing something very exciting because your boring task isn't done yet.
Sometimes we just have to do things we don't really want, because it's boring.